As open-source software, Awesome Support has received major contributions from various experts who have improved it further. Julien Liabeuf, the lead developer, started his efforts to develop Awesome Support in March 2013. Julien Vernet is the front-end developer whose focus was on developing a backend interface that would fit with WordPress UI well while having a flexible front-end theme. There have been significant improvements in Awesome Support with contributions made by individuals like Bryce Adams, Ninos Ego, and Benjamin Intal.
Pricing and the PackagesYou can download the basic version of Awesome Support for free. However, you may buy them individually for the addons on an “a la carte” basis if you need just a couple of them. You may also go for the bundles and make a saving of 30-65%. The bundles are meant for businesses of various sizes and come in four offerings-
- Standard- $149
- PRO- $229
- Enterprise- $289
- Agency- $409
You will get: Offers good page speed There are no PHP errors, warnings, or notices No resource errors Updated frequently
Awesome Support is a support plugin for WordPress that is extremely rich in features and very versatile. It’s a free core plugin with multiple addons that enhance its functionality. Awesome Support offers as many as 21 addons spanning a wide range of functionalities. Therefore, preparing a comprehensive review is a mammoth task. Let’s zero in on the key ones and see how good Awesome Support really is.
Features:As in other similar support plugins, Awesome Support helps you create tickets,
- Using front-end forms
- Manually via the backend
- By email piping
- Add fields programmatically in 3rd party plugins easily
- Specify whether changes made to a field should be recorded in a ticket, a handy feature for auditing
- Set defaults for all the fields
- Set permissions for all the custom fields
- Specify whether a certain field can be viewed by the customers or the agents only
- Specify whether any field is needed or not
- Specify rules for validation (HTML 5 syntax-based)
- Control whether a field should be included in the main ticket list or if it should be used only to filter the main list
- Adding custom fields
- Adding text at the top and bottom of the form
- Removing existing fields
- Changing the labels on the existing fields
- Hiding sections on the form you may not want with some simple CSS
- Assign specific working hours to certain agents
- Put any agent in a specific department
- Set aside certain products to be handled by certain agents
- Locate an agent who supports a specific product and is on duty currently
- In case no agent is located, look for any agent irrespective of product or department
- Channels (where the ticket request originally came from, Facebook Messenger, for example)
Overall: What started in 2013 is today a great success story. It’s no surprise considering that Awesome Support comes with as many as 21 addons making it highly functional. It offers 11 different custom field types giving it an edge over its competitors. It also comes with the option of syncing with Gravity Forms giving you the option of creating as many tickets as you need. There are also five separate algorithms to decide tickets assignment. Overall, Awesome Support is a feature-rich helpdesk plugin at a reasonable price.
- Offers good page speed
- There are no PHP errors, warnings, or notices
- No resource errors
- Updated frequently
- None that we found.
5 reviews for Awesome Support
There are no inquiries yet.