An abundance of WordPress SEO plugins can be a bit overwhelming, especially if you’ve been looking for a robust plugin to give a real push to your SEO campaign.
However, while searching for that “magical” WordPress plugin to propel your website, you must remember that plugins only make your SEO tasks easier, they don’t guarantee rankings!
Now here’s more news for all you uninitiated: the choice of WordPress SEO plugins is purely subjective. Thus, choose a WordPress SEO plugin based on your requirements and only after thoroughly analyzing their features.
Well, we’re here to make your task easier by listing the best WordPress SEO Plugins that have received immense appreciation over the past few years from users across the globe.
Let’s begin with the most popular ones:
Share this Image On Your Site
1. Yoast SEO
Achieving 5 million+ downloads is no mean feat! Since its launch in 2008, Yoast SEO has helped millions of WordPress users optimize their sites quickly and conveniently. It is the most sought after WordPress plugin in the world owing to the incredible features it delivers. The following sitewide SEO tasks can be accomplished without much fuss:
- XML sitemap creation
- Site verification in Webmaster Tools for Google, Bing, Yandex, Baidu, etc
- Prevent indexing of specific content types (“noindex”)
- Creation of title and meta description
- Optimization of AMP pages
Yoast SEO is equally effective in carrying out page-level SEO tasks such as:
- Add meta SEO box to every post and page to set custom meta description, title tags, canonicals, Open Graph tags and even meta robots tags.
- Readability analysis of page content
- WordPress Blogging Plugins: Essential Plugins for Blog
- How to Increase WordPress Plugin Downloads & Increase Sales in 2022
- Best WordPress Schema & Rich Snippet Plugins for 2022
- Where to Find Premium WordPress Plugins?
- Best WooCommerce Hosting 2022
Though launched a year older, with 2million+ downloads this WordPress SEO plugins takes a place below the Yoast SEO in terms of popularity. Even though it bears many similarities to Yoast SEO plugin in terms of functionalities, but it’s loaded with a few more customization options and extra features.
Some of the advanced features and customization includes the following:
- Option to edit the robots.txt using a visual editing tool
- Adding the sitelinks search box markup
- Option to edit the .htaccess file without using the FTP
- Option to block all bad bots, which even includes the referral spam
- Meta Descriptions can be autogenerated
Another great thing about All In One SEO Packs is that it supports AMP and can be easily integrated with the AMP WordPress plugin.
Must Have Plugins:
3. Rank Math
Even though the popularity of Yoast SEO and All In One SEO Packs is undeniably much higher than Rank Math, but it gives serious competition to both when it comes to user-friendliness and features. No trucks with setup as it come with an informational setup wizard to guide you through the entire process.
This SEO WordPress plugin has a great UI and packs in a punch with some really cool features that none of its competitors, including Yoast SEO doesn’t offer.
Here’s what you get:
- Integration with Google Search Console
- Card previews for Twitter and Facebook
- A bunch of redirections including 301, 302, 307, 410, and 451
- Fourteen different types of Rich snippets markup
Rank Math also offers a 404-error monitor that identifies visitors hitting dead pages (404) and even informs website owners about the URLs and number of hits. Thus, eliminating the issues becomes easier when you know about the exact URLS.
You can even find the referrer from which the link got a hit. In cased you decide to use Rank Math, all your existing settings can be imported from Yoast to Rank Math.
If you’ve been looking for a decent alternative to All in One SEO Pack or Yoast SEO then consider the SEO Framework plugin. It’s a lighter version of both the popular SEO plugins and comes loaded with the same features.
This plugin performs the specific function of adding table of contents to the pages and posts and pages in order to facilitate better and easier navigation. Google always ranks those pages better which display content in a well-structured manner.
Easy Table of Contents is a very smart plugin that can help you in breaking the longer content pieces into logical sections attached with specific on-page anchors.
Long and multi-topic pages on any website can be broken down into specific logical sections while presenting them in a well-structured manner. The plugin is super-customizable wherein users can choose the exact section to insert it along with the headers such H2, H3, H4 et al.
- Best WordPress Review Plugins in 2022
- Best Live Chat Software for Small Business Compared (2022)
- Best WordPress Membership Plugins (Compared) – 2022
- Best WordPress Gallery Plugins for Images or Video
- Best WordPress Search Plugins to Improve Your Site Search
Broken links on your website can be real pain and even slow down your SEO efforts. However, Broken Link Checker WordPress SEO plugin can be helpful in resolving internal as well as external broken links issue.
Once you install this plugin, you will get HTTP status code for the pages, anchor text and even source link, which will make it easier to detect and fix the errors.
As the plugin is always running in the background, so it would keep on checking for broken links continuously while alerting you by email when it detects any. The most amazing thing is that you can fix the broken links in individually or in bulk and even replace them with suggested replacement links.
However, the worst thing about using this plugin is that it can slow down your website quite a bit and use a great deal of bandwidth. Thus, it’s not recommended if you have a limited bandwidth or use budget hosting plans. You can choose to run at regular intervals and then stop it to avoid the painful slowdowns.
Apart from the above list of six WordPress plugins for SEO, you can even check out some of the other popular alternatives such as Anti-spam, Rel NoFollow, Checkbox Shortpixel, Really Simple SSL, HREFLANG Tags Lite, Redirection, WP Super Cache, Autoptimize, and A3 Lazy Load. However, it’s always wise to choose a WordPress SEO plugins based on your specific requirements, which saves both your time and money.